If you are a land owner or a commercial tenant who has had a premises compulsorily acquired, you may be eligible to receive significant compensation relative to your interests.
We work with you to ensure you get the best compensation possible from the Government. From experience their first offer is not typically the best offer.
You need your position to be assessed carefully by a lawyer who will:
- Consider your likelihood of a successful claim for compensation as a result of the compulsory acquisition
- Discuss your ongoing requirements as a result of the acquisition
- Discuss and itemise the costs incurred as a result of the acquisition and consider what can be claimed from the acquiring authority
- Assist you in negotiating a better compensation from the acquiring authority
- Engage experts such as valuers to obtain reports that support your case for additional compensation
This is a complex area of law which requires careful analysis on a case-by-case basis.
Typically, the Government or Authority that is acquiring the property will provide you with a Notice. This will be accompanied with an offer of compensation.
Generally, most compensation offers are below market value. If you do decide to challenge the Government and seek a fairer compensation you will need to provide a clear evidence backed case.
This is where we can assist and ensure that all issues are considered to maximise the value of your property and compensation from the Government.
We work with you to instruct experts and valuers to present the strongest case possible to the Government.